|Dates :||29th October, 2018 - 3rd November, 2018|
|Duration :||5 Days (8:30am - 4:30pm)|
|Venue :||Nairobi, Kenya|
|Charges :||$625 + 16% VAT|
Participants will learn the principles of statistics and gain skills in using statistical tools to describe, study and investigate the various variables in survey data sets using Stata. The statistical background required to conduct research, describe, summarize, develop hypothesis, assess associations, analyze data, interpret and communicate results will be studied comprehensively.
The course targets professionals in research (or research related) organizations / institutions who wish to acquire or increase their computational skills in the Stata software. The course is developed to benefit data managers, research officers, project managers, statisticians, data analysts, students (undergraduate and postgraduate), trainers/facilitators, research organizations, non-governmental organizations, policy makers, among others.
This course will integrate active and participatory learning approaches and assignments, with an emphasis on reflective and collaborative learning. Further, participants will be required to actively participate in small group discussions. The maximum number of course participants is 12
On completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Perform basic and advanced data management routines on survey data sets
- Perform explanatory data analysis tasks with easy
- Create univariate and bivariate graphs / charts
- Carry out classical tests of hypothesis and draw clear inferences and conclusion to them
- Perform non-parametric tests and draw conclusions
- Come up with linear, poisson and logistic regression models, tests their validity, make conclusions and use such models to make prediction about the general population.
This course content has been broken into sections each of which covers a reasonable content to enable participants connect and progress successively in the next section.
- Data management in Stata
- Introduction to Stata
- Creating and changing variables
- Transforming variables and data sets
- Introduction to Stata graphics
- Introduction to Statistical concepts
- Hypothesis testing
- Tests of differences in population means
- Analysis of contingency tables
- Non-parametric method
- Linear regression and correlation
We can customize the above areas for your organization's specific needs. Talk to us today
If you want the training done at your organization premises, please contact us for further inquiries.
WHAT YOU WILL REQUIRE
- A working laptop
- Stata software installed (we will provide a 30 day Stata version license to those without the software)
The fee for this 5 days’ course is $625 plus 16% VAT. Organizations registering at least 2 participants will get a 16% discount.
The cost includes: writing material, tea and snacks, drinking water and lunch but does NOT include accommodation and travel expenses.
HOW TO REGISTER
Interested participants should apply for the course by filling the contact us form at:
OR contacting the training facilitator:
- Mobile: +254 721 462 424
We require that all payments be made through the bank. Below are the bank payment details for the CENTRE FOR MATHEMATICS AND RESEARCH. Please retain a copy of your bank payment slip for purposes of future reference. Cheques should be addressed to CENTRE FOR MATHEMATICS AND RESEARCH.
|Bank||KENYA COMMERCIAL BANK|
|Account Name||CENTRE FOR MATHEMATICS AND RESEARCH|